Young Researchers School, June 5-9 2017, Greece
The second Young Researchers School was was concluded with great success!
Twenty four promising young researchers from eight different European universities and research institutions attended the Young Researchers School (YRS) in Spetses, a charming Greek island, from the 5th to the 9th of June 2017.
The YRS focuses on research methodology in comparative social security and combines different teaching and learning methods: a) blended learning (online and face-to-face instruction), b) lectures by renowned professors and researchers (see list and presentations below), c) presentations by the young researchers themselves on their research projects and feedback from peers and tutors, and d) collective group work focused on designing and presenting an innovative research proposal.
The YRS was highly enriched with the following lecturers and topics:
- Prof. Gijs Vonk (University of Groningen), Comparison of social security and social protection
- Dr. Daniel Pérez del Prado (Universidad Carlos III of Madrid), Interdisciplinary research of social security and social protection
- Associate Prof. Manos Spyridakis (University of Peloponnese) and Dr. Maria Lucero (KU Leuven), Using empirical methods in legal research
- Prof. Grega Strban (University of Ljubljana), Caveats of notions related to social security
- Associate Prof. Aline Klingenberg (University of Groningen) and Dr. Maria Mousmouti (CECL), Responsible research (“ethics in research”)
- Prof. Ruud Muffels (University of Tilburg), An economic approach to social security research
Press here to download the agenda of the event.
Press here to view the participants’ feedback on the event.